This year, the summer solstice starts at 11:32 pm on June 20th. Which marks the shortest night and longest day of the year. Of course, that is if you live in the Northern Hemisphere as I do.
Thankfully, this summer looks promising.
As restrictions ease and brick and mortar businesses are reopening their doors — even getting back to full capacity, in many cases. Honestly, it couldn’t have come too soon. I don’t know about you but cabin fever was setting in at our house.
But now, it’s summer. The weather is warm, the sun is hot, and there’s nothing better than getting outside, spending time with friends and family, and enjoying a scoop of chocolate ice cream on National Chocolate Ice Cream Day (June 7th).
Chocolate ice cream not your thing (gah!)? How about taking a jog in the park on Global Running Day (June 2nd), spending a day at the beach on World Oceans Day (June 8th), or kicking back and drinking iced tea on the porch in celebration of National Iced Tea Day (June 10th)?
In addition to all the great reasons to get outside, June is chock full of dates to celebrate with your customers.
June Holidays – 2021
- June 1st – National Say Something Nice Day. This is a great day to tell your customers how much you appreciate them. Send them a thank you card, a discount code, or just a “warm-fuzzy” email letting them know how wonderful they are and how grateful you are that they patronize your business.
- June 6th – D-day. While this is a more solemn occasion, the historic battle that led to the end of the Second World War is important to remember. Use this day to reach out to military servicemen and women and thank them for their service, offer them a special discount, a gift, or if you happen to own a restaurant, perhaps a free meal (you don’t have to wait for Veteran’s Day to thank a Vet.).
- June 12th — National Loving Day. You might not know this (I didn’t until I looked it up) but this day celebrates “the day the Supreme Court struck down state bans against interracial marriage.” — little known big thing — So, take time today to show some love and encourage your customers to do the same. This is a great day for sharing some love on social media and challenging your customers to do the same by sharing your post and using #natinallovingday if appropriate. Who knows, you might even get “love” to go viral.
- June 15th – Nature Photography Day. One of my favorites and the perfect holiday for Instagram users. Ask your customers to share their own images of nature. Use hashtag #naturephotographyday to broaden your audience, or create a unique hashtag and run a contest for the best or most unique nature photograph submitted.
Some pretty great holidays, right? And that’s only the first half of the month!
Before I send you off to take a look at the infographic below, I wanted to share just a few more important days for this month:
- June 6th – National Cancer Survivors Day
- June 14th – Flag day and Army Birthday
- June 19th – Juneteenth
- June 27th – Helen Keller Day and National PTSD Awareness Day
- June 30th – Social Media Day
As with every month, June is full of both fun and serious holidays to celebrate, remember, and take action.
So, as you work on your June holidays marketing planning, think about what holidays and marketing campaigns will suit your business, your customers, and your community best so you can all enjoy the summer together.
For some more holidays and ideas on what you can do to share them with your customers, download the graphic below. Or, get to work planning out the rest of your year with our full Online Marketing Calendar, complete with a free template and a full list of holidays you can use to plan a successful year.