Point-of-purchase marketing is messaging delivered to customers after they’ve already stepped inside your store. When you have a brick-and-mortar location, the majority of your marketing efforts aim to get people in the door. That’s a worthy task, but it’s not enough to capitalize on conversions.
Research shows common reasons customers leave stores without buying anything:
- Couldn’t find the product they came for (67%)
- Product wasn’t available or in stock (66%)
- Long checkout lines (51%)
- Customer service or lack thereof (39%)
What can you do to make sure browsing shoppers don’t leave empty-handed? Enter point-of-purchase marketing.
Table of Contents
- What is point-of-purchase marketing?
- Can point-of-purchase marketing be used in ecommerce?
- Biggest overall opportunity in point-of-purchase marketing
- Start point-of-purchase marketing now
What is point-of-purchase marketing?
Simply put, point-of-purchase marketing entices customers to buy something they didn’t know they needed or wanted. It’s an effective tool that you may notice many stores using … Read more